Underwhelming Wisdom of the Past ~ BitterSweetLife

Monday, October 31, 2005

Underwhelming Wisdom of the Past

Overlyconscious tagged me with a "challenge" whimsical and effortless enough to be fun. I'm supposed to journey into the past, crack open the blog's vault, and extract the fifth sentence from my 23rd post. I invite you to join me as I embark on this historical expedition. What will I unearth? I'm almost reluctant to find out...

::

Well, this was a little anticlimactic. My 23rd post was a photo from a trip to the Grand Canyon. The caption reads, "A well-adjusted group of hikers." Some of the other shots in the travelogue were pretty good but this specific one is not too remarkable. There's not even much potential for retro-fitting my "statement" to make it eerily fitting today. I'm disappointed.

However, I'm sure some of you will want to try it. Consider yourselves tagged, but know that you won't hurt my feelings if you opt out. An opportunity for self-analysis awaits you...

Tim
WholeWheatBlogger
English, August
Paula
Camille

::

Want to know how to tag?

1. Go into your archives.
2. Find your 23rd post.
3. Post the fifth sentence (or closest to it).
4. Post the text of the sentence in your blog along with these instructions.
5. Tag five other people to do the same thing.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

6 comments:

Carmen said...

hey Ariel,

I'll play.

Paula said...

I'll have it up in couple mins!

Paula said...

P.S. I just re-peeped you cuz you've been commenting again!

Andy said...

I have to laugh. While you didn't tag me, I found this quite intriguing, just to see what the 5th sentence was in my 23rd post.

Turns out it was the shortest post I've had - all of 3 sentences.

Sentence # 3 is as follows:

"Would it not be strange if a universe without purpose accidentally created humans who are so obsessed with purpose?"

Sir John Templeton

I'm not trying to stir up more controversy. Really. ;-)

AJ said...

I should have broken the rules and tagged a few more of you guys. Excavating the past can be a fun diversion. Kind of like spelunking.

Funny thing, Andy, I remember that Templeton quote. I still appreciate its immediate clout value.

Glad to be back in the fold, Paula...although you've blown your cover in revealing that your blog "lurve" is very conditional. You just can't get anything for nothing these days. ;)

Andrew Simone said...

"Excavating the past can be a fun diversion. Kind of like spelunking."

I thought the same thing, normally I do not play along with these sorts of things but this was too intriguing.

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife