Humble in the (Blogger) Limelight ~ BitterSweetLife

Monday, April 10, 2006

Humble in the (Blogger) Limelight




In response to Staring Humility in the Face, Andy suggested that I start a new Blogger Limelight thread. I'm more than happy to do so, the idea being that we can share thoughts and experience on this topic. If you wonder what I'm talking about, you might want to read Blogger Limelight Explained (or just read on).

OK. As a writing prompt, here are a couple excerpts from Staring...

I have had any number of near brushes with Humility. We’ve rubbed shoulders often but remained estranged. Humility wants to be my friend, but I’m not sold on the idea, so our relationship has been characterized by close calls. Time after time, I have surprised myself with my ingenuity, and given Humility the slip...

...We have an inspiring experience, a moment of success, or simply a day when our entire body works right at the same time, and then this bizarre gravity comes into play, like a spiritual law of thermodynamics. In short hand, it could be known as the Arrogance Law: When you feel good, you will probably get a big head for absolutely no reason at all.

(The main gist of the post was...well, hold that thought. It would be easier for you to just read it. So for a little more background, you may want to scan the original piece.)

All right then, let's get started. If you're not familiar with this format, you may want to take a glance at Blogger Limelight Explained. But the rules are pretty intuitive.

  1. Write a post pertaining in some way to this topic. (The parameters for inclusion are pretty wide.)
  2. Identify your post with the Blogger Limelight Button. (If you need help, let me know.)
  3. Link back to this post. It would also be a good idea to link to your post in the comments section here, so we can find it.

That's it, have at it.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

3 comments:

Andy said...

Okay...I'm in. You can find it here.

Will Robison said...

My take is a little bit different. I am making fun of people's proud and boastful claims. I hope you enjoy the silliness of it all... Here

Dustin said...

I decided to share my thoughts on humility in the Blogger Limelight series. Here is my post.

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife