More Frivolity ~ BitterSweetLife

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

More Frivolity

Last week, ninjanun pinned this questionnaire on me, and having just completed another silly meme thing, I was a little hesitant to dive in. Since then, however, I've slammed up a couple legit Posts Of Substance, and now, resting on my laurels, I'm prepared to race through another exciting period of self-discovery. As always, I will embark on this voyage with an attitude of the utmost seriousness.

3 names you go by :
- Ariel James
- AJ (hoops nickname)
- The Great One (as I am commonly known)

3 screennames you've had:
- AjVan
- ArielJhawk (in tribute of the mighty KU Jayhawks)
- collegeguy2 (catchy, huh?)

3 physical things you like about yourself:
- My low-maintenance hair
- I can jump really high (or, uh, could)
- This 20-20 vision is nice while it lasts

3 physical things you dislike about yourself:
- I've always said my shortness was what kept me out of the NBA
- My knees make weird noises
- Back problems

3 parts of your heritage:
- Dutch
- Irish
- white middle-class male (Yeah!)

3 things you are wearing right now:
- Quiksilver shorts
- boxers
- two things will have to do

3 favorite bands / musical artists:
- Jars of Clay
- The Shins
- Coldplay (original, I know)

3 (random) favorite songs:
- "This is your life" by Switchfoot
- "A Million Parachutes" by Sixpence None the Richer
- "Bloody Sunday" by U2

3 things you want in a relationship:
- love of hoops
- thoughtful talks over coffee - coffee nonoptional
- sense of humor

3 physical things about the preferred sex that appeals to you:
- a really pretty smile
- blue eyes
- physically fit

3 of your favorite hobbies:
- basketball
- photography
- writing

3 things you want to do really badly right now:
- Go climb Long's Peak in Colorado
- Read Augustine's Confessions
- Play full-court pick-up hoops and crush some mama's boy who thinks he's the man, trash-talkin' up and down the court until I drop a splinter in his eye...

3 of your everyday essentials:
- coffee
- The Bible
- Lindsay, my hoops-loving wife who fortunately also likes coffee and possesses a strong sense of humor.

3 careers you have considered or are considering:
- Screenwriting/Acting
- Physical Therapy
- Journalism

3 places you want to go on vacation:
- The U.K. (Scotland! Ireland! England! Wales! - I'm agreeing with ninjanun on this one.)
- Australia
- Africa

3 kids' names you like:
I can't give out this info because our kid's names are so GOOD someone would undoubtedly steal them. Hey, it's been known to happen.

3 things you want to do before you die:
- Learn to pray well
- Publish a book
- Have kids

3 ways you are stereotypically a boy:
- Generally speaking, I'm right.
- I can run faster than you. And I can climb higher. And read more. And I have a better jumpshot... (I'm ridiculously competitive.)
- I will never wear pink.

3 ways you are stereotypically a chick:
- I like interior design, all those aesthetic details.
- I really like buying shoes.
- I know how to cook, which is not the same as saying that I do.

3 celeb crushes:
- *GAG*

And that concludes the broadcast, folks. I'm still considering whether any of my friends are worthy of completing this survey...maybe Kevin? And it only seems right to give Grace a chance. Also, I could see Skor having a good time with this if he took it on. Shoot, I'll give Paula and Kimberly a mention as well. That makes an even five which means, if I'm not mistaken, that my responsibilities have been fulfilled. ;)

I'm out.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Read any Andrew Murray?
With Christ in the School of Prayer looks very good, but you'll have to look into it if you haven't read it; I have it on my shelf but have yet to read it.
Tear! The story of my life.

AJ said...

Talk about coincidence. I have the same book on my shelf. My younger brother loves Murray and recommends him highly...actually, he probably gave the book to me. Maybe I'll enter the School of Prayer this summer.

Anonymous said...

"3 ways you are stereotypically a boy:
- Generally speaking, I'm right.
- I can run faster than you. And I can climb higher. And read more. And I have a better jumpshot... (I'm ridiculously competitive.)
- I will never wear pink."
- wats wrong with the colour pink?????????

Anonymous said...

It's not pink, per se.
It's the connotative meaning pink tends to carry.

AJ said...

"'- I will never wear pink' - wats wrong with the colour pink?????????"

Man oh man. This is one of those things your mother should probably have mentioned and forgot. It begins at an early age: boy babies generally wear tasteful blue sleepers, while the little girls wear - you know it - fancy-pants pink. For the self-respecting guy, pink never fully loses its girlish associations.

Pink - look's great on a guy...IF he's giving his girl a hug. I probably should have devoted a post to this delicate subject.

Sorry to be the one to break this to you, but better late than never. Don't come down too hard on yourself, and, uh...well, we've all looked silly at one time or another. ;)

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife