Difficulty Charting the Sun ~ BitterSweetLife

Monday, February 20, 2006

Difficulty Charting the Sun

Spiritual light

It would be hard to overestimate the change that takes place when someone begins to know Christ.

::

One day I woke up, and something had changed in my chemical makeup, or rather, something had changed
me. And I discovered that extremely high temperatures were no longer lethal. So I went on a weekend trip and began exploring the sun. I discovered it was an intriuging place—a lot like earth, except that all the geographical features were made of flame and molten lava.

When I returned home on Monday, I was sad for two reasons: 1) I couldn’t take my friends back to visit the sun with me, and 2) none of the photos I had taken had turned out. This was disappointing.

Personally, I was happy. Only regarding other people did things become complicated. Nonetheless, without the help of any precise illustrations of my experience on the sun, I went about trying to explain my new love for, my new passion for, sunlight.

At heart, I hoped that some of my friends would undergo the same mysterious chemical change that I had. I even hoped that my talking about it so much would somehow contribute to the change.

I felt an extra sense of urgency because the sun was so huge, so beautiful, and I knew I could never fully explore it alone.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mh, perhaps you could now do what Jules Verne dreamed of doing and go down into the centre of the earth. And report back to us mortals. And there's a HUGE plus in going through with this experiment: you get to go to ICELAND (the object of my fascination) and sneak down into that volcano-thingy like Jules' explorers did in the book. Awesome!
Please report on how it went...

Will Robison said...

I too have visited the sun, but, alas, I forgot to turn off my flash and all that came out was a black piece of film. Oh well... ;)

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife