Domesticating the Black Hole ~ BitterSweetLife

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Domesticating the Black Hole

People have been leaving occasional comments on my 2 auxiliary blogs, the sophisticate Vocabulary Reclamation Project and the cocky Books Not Everyone Is Smart Enough to Read.*

I feel bad.

Having submitted various articles to various publications, never to hear back, I know the sorrow that results from speaking to a black hole. Especially when the comments are good stuff.

Therefore, once I shake myself loose from this bull dog of an Archaeology paper, I’ve resolved to make some changes.

Improve my character, clean up my act, resolve certain discrepancies, and all that.

In other words, update my subservient blogs. This will involve:

  1. Getting rid of stupid and laughable site ads.
  2. In the case of the VRP, creating a way to “join the project”…hopefully with an eye-catching graphic and “member blogroll.”
  3. In the case of BNEISETR, adapting to blog’s purpose to better serve BitterSweetLife—but without compromising the site’s original intent. The phrase “master book list” has captured my imagination… (But don’t worry, BNEISETR's endearing acronym will not change.)
  4. Other stuff.

Yes, change is on the way… Assuming there is life after Archaeology.


::

* UPDATE. Since this was posted, BNEISETR has been reincarnated. The list now lives on this blog in a simpler form: The Master Book List.

Filed in:



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

1 comments:

Silent_Frustrations said...

Nah, life's not really as terrible as it sounds. It just seems that way sometimes.

Yes, now that I've figured out how it works, it's definately worth the effort. :-)

-Mel

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife