The Agony of Defeat ~ BitterSweetLife

Monday, February 07, 2005

The Agony of Defeat

After announcing this blog’s nomination in Evangelical Underground’s awards competition, it’s only right for me to fill you in on the thrilling outcome.

I lost.

Actually, BitterSweetLife didn’t even make the finalists list. As I see it, my blog was a little too underground for this competition. (Or, as an acquaintance of mine said after he’d been fired from his latest job, “I guess I was just too smooth for ‘em.”)

I can only hope that the humiliation of this Underground rejection will spur me on to greater endeavors.

Endeavors like…writing another real post.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

4 comments:

Jason Elder said...

Ariel, just stumbled across your blog. I have bookmarked it and am planning to spend some time reading through your thoughts. My wife and I live north of San Francisco and are trying to live out the kingdom of Jesus in a real and tangible way: talk about bittersweet. Anyway, peace be unto you. I really appreciate what I read.

Jason

Anonymous said...

Well, there's always your faithless award.

Talk about posts of substance, I really need to write another one. A survy hardly counts.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
AJ said...

Jason, great to hear from you. I love your life premise and will take a look at what you're blogging as well.

Bagel, thanks for reminding me of the Faithless episode. Come to think of it, that was pretty cool. One of these days I'll post a summary of my blogging accomplishments, complete with my "faithless" status, the famed book deal and my recent "Best Domestic" nomination. Truly, blogging has been good to me.

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife