Lines Out of Time ~ BitterSweetLife

Friday, February 25, 2005

Lines Out of Time

One wants to write more.

Often though, time does not allow it. To an extent, time ought to be defied. Others days it has to be placated, at least briefly. Today is one of those days.

Therefore, a compromise. Here’s a little rag verse, perhaps foreshadowing an upcoming Post of Substance.


Tell Me


Don’t tell me the truth, tell me a lie;
don’t tell me that it’s cold outside,
don’t tell me that I’m getting old,
those things are hearsay, that I know.
Don’t tell me some things never change,
don’t tell me the sun sets every day,
don't tell me some loves go unclaimed;
don’t tell me the truth, tell me a lie
‘cause I’d prefer to never have to die.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

3 comments:

Patio Princess said...

awwww...

so touching... makes me want to cry... sniff, sniff..

AJ said...

Thanks rhyanne. I've got to clarify this post at the soonest opportunity so that people won't mistake me for 1) a sentimental sop, or 2) incredibly out of touch.

In the meantime, I find your response of mock empathy very fitting. ;) (I am serious though.)

Anonymous said...

thank you for clarifying our doubts

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife