Just Kidding ~ BitterSweetLife

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Just Kidding

BitterSweetLife continues to attract attention from intellectuals everywhere.

I recently received an email from Eunseong Kim, a Ph.D student at the School of Journalism at Indiana University. Mr. Kim politely requested my participation in an online blogging survey for purposes related to his Ph.D dissertation, stating enticingly, “Empirical examination of blogging and its impact on people have been rare…Your participation in this survey is crucial…to understanding the effects of this new communication phenomenon.”


I could have easily enlightened Mr. Kim as to why people blog, having recently conducted my own survey on the subject (13 participants at last count!), but I decided he ought to do his own research. And fascinating as the premise was, there were no promises of gratuitous reward for participation, so I was about to hit delete. Then I remembered the potential for fun with unsolicited blogger email.


It would only take twenty minutes. And it’s not as if I have nagging papers to generate, sagging bookshelves to navigate, a clanging hoops game to renovate.* So why not? Besides, as potential blog fodder, the opportunity was not to be overlooked. On behalf of my readers, I took the plunge.


Oops.



I guess Mr. Kim failed to scout his participants adequately. Either that or I was the victim of a suave Asian jokester, adept at bait and switch. And so, after all my deliberation, the whole premise had failed to justify itself.

So has this post. But that’s life, isn’t it?

;)

*This was sarcasm.
Filed in:



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

3 comments:

aa said...

Yep, it most certainly is.

;)

AJ said...

No...wait! That wasn't meant to be a nihilistic statement! ;)

. : A : . said...

“Empirical examination of blogging and its impact on people have been rare…Your participation in this survey is crucial…to understanding the effects of this new communication phenomenon.”

- Sounds like a bit too much effort for a spammer to put together. But then you never know.

:-)

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife