Over-accessorized, Under-exercised ~ BitterSweetLife

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Over-accessorized, Under-exercised


The area of the rugged and barren Plaza zone known as "the horse fountain."

Beat this. Saturday morning I was headed to the gym for my weekly hoops dose. When I paused momentarily at a stop sign, I saw something amusing. A small column of chubby, salon-tanned girls were power walking their way toward the Plaza, Kansas City’s (only) historic, ritzy shopping district. The last adventurer in this plucky band had a Camelbak hydration system strapped to her back, presumably to keep her cool and wet in the arid wilds of the Plaza. Uh, Ashley…like, wait. Help me…crawl to the nearest GAP.

Is that symptomatic of our culture or what?


Filed in:



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

4 comments:

AJ said...

I'm not sure it's a pleasure, Gustav, but I have indeed witnessed it. *sigh* Tell me this isn't only an American phenonmena!

Peter said...

Feel free to put my blogspot blog on your "sites of interest." I want more traffic! Also, do you know who John is?

AJ said...

You want more traffic, huh? I bet you do, you rascal. ;) (My little brother, folks.)

Peter said...

It's your fault you weren't in Colorado.

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife