"I Kissed a Girl" Analysis ~ BitterSweetLife

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

"I Kissed a Girl" Analysis

In the wake of the Olympics, that title could be misconstrued, but I'm not discussing my phenomenal kissing abilities (average score from Lindsay: 9.7)--rather, it's the song by Katy Perry I'm taking aim at. If you, like my friend Will Hicks of Commercial Real Estate in Memphis & Our Galaxy and myself, have listened to this FM-friendly monument to sensationalism with a quizzical expression on your face, then you might appreciate this perspective on The Terror of Katy Perry.

For those of you who rightly don't care, here's CliffNotes version: Perry is simply the latest diva trying to be all things to all men as she makes a grab for the millions. It's just not usually so blatant.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best line from that article:

"she writes like an ungarbled Alanis and has an eye for details, as when she tells her emo meterosexual boyfriend to hang himself with his H&M scarf"

Ignore her and she'll go away.

AJ said...

Yeah, that line cracked me up!

Anonymous said...

Interesting that people are not making such a fuss over the definitely more explicit songs on the radio involving men and women.
Or all the Miley Cyrus crud.
This is why I thank God that my car has a CD player ...

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife