Victory! ~ BitterSweetLife

Monday, August 01, 2005

Victory!


In the Greco-Roman world, victory was demonstrated by placing one’s foot on the neck (or spine, if the enemy had no neck) of the vanquished foe.

Sunday afternoon, after a period of combat lasting almost two months, a bitter struggle came to an end.

I decisively drove a final paragraph through the jugular of my Ancient Philippi research paper, slashed my “Ten Archaeology Site Reviews” project to the heart with a concluding critique, brutally speed-read the remaining 50 pages of my 600+ page allotment…and dismissively send the assignments to their maker.

It is over. The end-game was bloody, but now at last I can sheathe my battle-worn sword and return to the homestead, where provincial challenges of my own devising await.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

1 comments:

junat said...

sometimes we just feel the need of one of th eworse truths of nature that every has to end . peace for you...

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife