Blog Scuffles ~ BitterSweetLife

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Blog Scuffles




If variety is the spice of life, then controversy is the spice of blogging. Sometimes I feel that I write far too agreeably. You like to think that your arguments do, in fact, hit upon valid points of opposition. It can be disconcerting to sketch the skeleton of an entire argument, but end up without a single bone of contention. This blog enjoys the occasional scuffle, but often it seems there is no one around to wrestle with.

Within the last 24 hours, I’ve had the satisfaction of raising ire (finally) with my Fun with Evolution post. The polemical “dr zen” challenged my main premises, throwing in doses of sneer ("I shred the whole post at my blog. You might enjoy it, if you can understand it") and caricature ("I...leave you in your small room, the light shut out by a cloth of ignorance...") into the bargain, which were a pleasant surprise, since the post had in fact predicted such responses. Moreover, his remarks have had a rejuvenating effect. They took me back. Not only do I feel stimulated, I feel younger.

In fact, I'm about to run off down the hall, looking for my locker so I can play kickball with the other kids.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

1 comments:

Peter said...

Paul and I enjoyed scrolling down the pages of dialogue between james, dr zen, harmless and you. Looks like james put in the final word. Good argumenting. : )

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife