Witnesses ~ BitterSweetLife

Monday, December 20, 2004

Witnesses

A sonnet of the Shakespearean variety; this is a Christmas poem.

Sometimes, late on a winter's day,
I sense a spirit, soaring high,
And my heart stops me and I stay
And look upon the silent sky.
So distant, so removed and pale;
The air is filled with quiet light
As lingering rays begin to fail
And evening fades into the night.
I'm stirred to thought by wisps of mist
Of witnesses who've passed away,
Who also searched a sky like this,
Just as mysterious in their day.
And I stand in the night and hear
Only wind? as stars appear.


© Ariel Vanderhorst

Filed in:



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

5 comments:

Metamorphosis said...

I really enjoy your poems. They are so good! Keep up the good work.

. : A : . said...

Very nice imagery, Ariel.

Norma said...

It really is beautiful. Thanks for posting for us.

AJ said...

Thank you. And a merry Christmas to each of you!

:..M..: said...

Lovely imagery. Being that I'm getting into the Christmas spirit too! :)

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife