Breaking News ~ BitterSweetLife

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Breaking News

New article up at Relevant online: Cynicism Criticism. I'm still trying to get them to pay me for this stuff, but check out my mug shot at the top of the piece. It's worth something.

Meanwhile, in the news-that-surprises-no-one category, the Kansas Jayhawks (basketball) have been picked to win the Big 12. If you're tired of reading bad news all the time, here's your chance to go scan something that is really wholesome and good for the soul. If you haven't read a hoops preview of the conference yet, here's a solid overview from ESPN. At KU, Midnight Madness happens tomorrow night--one of the most electric celebrations of college hoops (and simultaneously a really great recruiting tool) in the nation.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't disagree with MU as fourth in the conference behind, some variation of KU, TX, and A&M. I think Mizzou will notch 20ish wins and probably split with KU for "quality points" come tournament time.

I'm looking forward to this year as I hope to finally pull my last appendage onto the "Mike Anderson Bandwagon."

Cheers.

must_decrease said...

I especially like the banner ad for the Hillsong/Joyce Meyer conference to the right of your piece, nicely juxtaposed. Hard not to be cynical about that

Steve said...

I think that if you are going to use "Breaking News" as a title, especially when there is a baby on the way, that it should be reserved for use by the announcement of said baby's arrival.

It's certainly not worth of a KU basketball story ;).

A new coffe, perhaps.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I found your blog via Relevant. Very cool stuff you've got here. Too bad Relevant doesn't pay you, haha. Do keep trying! Definitely lovin' the Jayhawks theme. Kansas is gonna kick butt this year. :-)

AJ said...

I'm looking forward to this year as I hope to finally pull my last appendage onto the "Mike Anderson Bandwagon."

And so the hoops talk begins. Awesome. It hurts to say it, but Anderson is a classy guy. I feel an emotion when I see him that is not typically associated with MU basketball. Respect? I think he's going to raise the level of quality at MU quite a bit.

I especially like the banner ad for the Hillsong/Joyce Meyer conference to the right of your piece, nicely juxtaposed. Hard not to be cynical about that

A arranged with Relevant to post that ad next to my piece so that people would see it, have an outburst of cynicism, and then notice my title.

I think that if you are going to use "Breaking News" as a title, especially when there is a baby on the way, that it should be reserved for use by the announcement of said baby's arrival.

Point well taken. How about when the baby gets here, I use Tiny, Screaming, Long-Expected Breaking News?

Definitely lovin' the Jayhawks theme. Kansas is gonna kick butt this year. :-)

Nice. [hope], you are very, very welcome on the blog. I hereby award you the much coveted "newcomer of the day" award.

N8 T8 said...

My Mom happened to be nearby, saw "Breaking News", and pounced on it. Now she's disappointed. She also feels that such a title during this time is...misleading. She, being a mom, is looking forward to your new kiddo. Of course, so it everyone else.

All the same, she'll continue to watch.

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife