Farewell, Dream of a Big House in the Hills with an Air Conditioned Basketball Court ~ BitterSweetLife

Monday, June 25, 2007

Farewell, Dream of a Big House in the Hills with an Air Conditioned Basketball Court

One of Lindsay's relatives has consolidated his status as a multimillionaire, and is taking the traditional route, acquiring the vacation house, huge RV, etc.This has given Lindsay and me a chance to discuss a topic we rarely talk about--our own aspirations to be multimillionaires. Or, more accurately, our assumed aspirations.

Lindsay: "I will still love you even if you don't become a millionaire."
Me: "Thanks, baby. I appreciate that."

I'm a huge believer in transparency in marriage, so I'm very relieved that we've come to this new place of trust and openness. Also, I've been doing the math, and I'm would have to mow 500 lawns a week or plant about 12 churches a year in order to reach millionaire status. Those options aside, writing the great American novel is my best bet, and I'm not banking on that. We may have to wait until Aidan makes it in the NBA before we cash in. Regardless, life is good these days.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

With the first pick of the 2007 NBA draft the Portland Trailblazers bypass Oden and Durant and select Aidan!
Congratulations! Hey, I got next game in the new Air Conditioned Basketball Court...full court, right?

AJ said...

At his press conference, Aidan stands on a stack of phone books and, after saying "HI! HI! HI! BALL!" to the mass of assembled reporters, he comments that he's glad the game is driven by the idea that teams should "draft on potential."

Full court, absolutely.

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife