Mo & Abram’s Café ~ BitterSweetLife

Saturday, August 07, 2004

Mo & Abram’s Café


© 2004 Arielinds Photo

A bittersweet poem based on a couple stories no one should miss.

I drink milk and honey in my coffee;
it’s my taste of the promised land.
Keeps my bleary eyes open to see–-
maybe there are still springs in the sand.

So the cream and gold amid the black
keep my eyes open to behold
a pillar of flame, iridescent cloud at my back
and a watered garden from a mountain peak...before I get too old.

Still there are answers my imbibed alacrity can’t find–-
Does my pathway end at this scenic mountain wall?
Or does it crest the proffered overlook and fall?
Will I ever enter Canaan…before I lose my body, soul and mind?



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

0 comments:

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife