If Language Was Ethics... ~ BitterSweetLife

Thursday, August 12, 2004

If Language Was Ethics...

...Here's How I Would Explain My Blog

You will have noticed this is an old-school blog, still bound by outmoded conventions like spelling, punctuation, capitalization, etc. This is, of course, a rather intolerant, absolutist way of looking at things. It implies that there are rules, and that those who don’t abide by them are somehow in error. Or even wrong. Perhaps you wonder how I can be so sure of myself, so convinced that my way is the best. Or maybe you just hate me for my grammatical, syntactical arrogance. In such cases, I do have one thing to say: It sure feels good being right.


Filed in:



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

0 comments:

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife