Supremacy of Christ in a Postmodern World ~ BitterSweetLife

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Supremacy of Christ in a Postmodern World

Desiring God

Some of you may be interested in the Desiring God conference coming up September 29 - October 1. I definitely am. Keenly interested. The theme is Above All Earthly Powers: The Supremacy of Christ in a Postmodern World.

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a collection of speakers this scintillating.

  • David Wells?
  • D.A. Carson?
  • Timothy Keller?
  • Mark Driscoll?
  • Voddie Baucham?
  • John Piper?
You’ve got to be kidding. Even were the topic less timely, intriuging and vital than it is, this lineup is enough to draw crowds. Additional registration details, I’m told, will be available in August.

I'm not sure wild horses could drag me away from this conference.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

3 comments:

Andrew Simone said...

I respect the Stone's reference.

This also looks interesting enough to attend. We (that is, "I") shall scan the budget and look at possibilities--but it is far too late at night to do this now.

AJ said...

It would be cool to hook up at this conference. Matt, we'll have to talk. If I don't see you on campus, shoot me an email...

Oneway the Herald said...

I don't recognize all of those names, but the promo video thrills the senses.

The last conference I attended featured this line-up: Ravi Zacharias, William Lane Craig, Phillip
Johnson, Erwin Lutzer, Emir Caner and Frank Peretti. We talk speaker-trash when I run into you in Gopherland.

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife