Joe Saves the Day ~ BitterSweetLife

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Joe Saves the Day

My recent silence is the result of a phenomenon known as The Summer Class. The first two days of my immersion in first-century archeology have been more fascinating than I could have hoped. In fact, the daily eight hours flash by, and I'm looking forward to the rest of the week.

Yesterday, I wasn't quite so cheerful. Ironically, this was caused by an initial optimism on my part that caused me to somehow believe I would be fine without coffee, despite extenuating circumstances (i.e. being exhausted, then staying up past midnight). Today I threw caution to the wind, imbibing plenty of life-giving Joe, and this return to the normal academic routine made all the difference.

Later, I may even feel up to writing a bona fide post.


Filed in:



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coffee. Gah!

:)

Actually, I hear that apples are a better morning pick-me-up than caffeine. Hmmm, caffeinated apples, anyone? Or, for Ariel, coffee flavored apples.

AJ said...

Apples. Now that's a good one!

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife