Hidden Glacier Travelogue ~ BitterSweetLife

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Hidden Glacier Travelogue

For days now, you've been waiting for this latest photo-travelogue. Your questions have been penetrating and insistent: How was the drive? What happened in Montana? And most of all, Does Glacier Park live up to the hype? Is it really as gorgeous as everyone says? What does it LOOK like??

I thank you for your patience. My friends, before you lies a fascinating journey toward the heart of these mysteries. Ladies and gentlemen,

Welcome to the
HIDDEN GLACIER TRAVELOGUE.



As the journey began, a long drive lay ahead. Fortunately, we were ready for adventure.


On the way we saw the Badlands...


And Mount Rushmore...


And Yellowstone...


Did I mention it was a long drive?


Finally, we arrived. Immediately, aggressive wildlife had to be subdued.


Eventually, we met relatives. They were cool.


With their help, we ruled the v-ball court (since hoops is unheard of in Montana).


And yes, I hear your unspoken questions. Indeed, we hiked. Did we ever.


We hiked all the way to Grinnell Glacier - 11.4 miles, baby.


The mountains were beautiful. (We couldn't stop smiling.)


Therapeutic too.


And absolutely incredible views. Stunning.


Everyone kept pointing. "Did you see that?" "No way, did you see THAT?!"


The scenery was really beyond belief. We couldn't stop snapping pictures.



In fact, the Montana “national pastime” should be photography. Bet you'd like to know why, huh?


Maybe next time.

Thanks for joining me on this journey.

You've just been duped by the HIDDEN GLACIER TRAVELOGUE.*

Call upon your imagination, and I'm sure you'll be able to picture the beautiful hidden glaciers. (And incidentally, tomorrow I'll be signing copies of my new e-book...) Enjoy!

* Yeah, yeah, I know - that was childish. But I'll be posting some real photos soon....


Filed in:



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice...

I look forward to seeing some more.

Congratulations on some fun pictures Lindsay! I hope Arie's can live up to the standard you set.

Troy said...

nice photos. i live in LA and i love climbing the eastern sierras and mammoth area. I am a serious camper/mountain climber and been so many places. But the most awesome place is Mammoth Lakes, California, the geology, hot springs, volcanoes and carbon monoxide tree kill area make this a must see place! There are a bunch of photos on my blog of this area, it really is amazing.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what beautiful pictures!

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife