Last Throes of the Semester ~ BitterSweetLife

Monday, May 05, 2008

Last Throes of the Semester

Today I’ve been battling a three-headed monster similar to the Chimera but with a different plan of attack—surround the victim, then bore him to death with your length and repetitive movement. The three essays/research projects that confronted me were persistent if not inspired in their onslaught, and it almost worked.

The last couple weeks of my semester have been murder, and it will take some serious, focused, abandonment to wash this blood off my hands. I’m thinking some hoops, a game of OhNoBall! with Aidan, frivolous reading material, several date nights, and a few rounds of creative writing would help remove these reddish flecks from the whorls of my fingers. And a graduation party would be cool…

Then again, some extended time doing absolutely nothing might fit the bill even better. Possibly that could be trumped by gratuitous gifts of cash, but it would be close. I'll get back to you on that.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

0 comments:

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife