Blog Design Updates ~ BitterSweetLife

Friday, October 06, 2006

Blog Design Updates

Since some of you read this blog using Bloglines, email updates or other RSS readers, I thought I'd throw an open house blog to showcase some design tweaks. For example... Check out the new horizontal menu at the top of the blog, which allows for easy navigation and quick access to some important topics.

I also updated BitterSweetLife's header graphic, and the sidebar has a cleaner look as well. I think what I'd really like to do is overhaul the blog's entire look, but seeing that I wield code about as dextrously as a massive 4" by 4", that probably won't happen anytime soon.

Yeah, I realize this was kind of childish, but it's cathartic for me to point out my coding successes, since they are earned with such struggle. Look, look what I've done!

By way of further validating this post, I should point out that there are also some new additions in the Blogger Tools & Hacks section.

Filed in:



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

2 comments:

John B. said...

Ariel,
Two things:
1) First of all, to let you know that I not only read but act on things I read in your blog, I'm informing you that I've just added a hack I found via one of your Blogger tools links that lets me e-mail commenters when I've responded to their comments just by clicking on a little icon. We'll see how it goes; I will now need to remember to click said little icon.

2) Knowing of your great fondness for de.li.ci.ous, I thought you might enjoy knowing about this.

AJ said...

Well, this is gratifying. :) Good luck with the email response hack. I like that one, but I often forget to use it.

Knowing of your great fondness for de.li.ci.ous...

I was deeply saddened at missing the del.icio.us anniversary bash, but the post lets me experience a little of it vicariously. I would have been hanging out with a small, tightly-knit group of bloggers who defy the tech trends and use del.icio.us to label our liberal arts posts. :)

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife