A Startling Discovery About My Personality ~ BitterSweetLife

Monday, March 13, 2006

A Startling Discovery About My Personality

At the behest of John B. of Blog Meridian, I opted to take my first 'personality analysis' quiz ever. Normally these things hold no fascination for me, since I don't really care to learn what type of ergonomic furniture or hard candy I represent. It always seemed self-defeating to define myself in terms of a food group or home appliance. One of my little quirks.

However, John's self-assessment had provided considerable insight, as it was revealed that he and all he stands for can be summarized by ONE BOOK TITLE, and a good one at that, Umberto Eco's The Name of the Rose.

This was admirable both for the fact that it was a BOOK, and that the book was not a pop-art missive culled from someone's best-seller list, say a Jonathan Kellerman or Dan Brown. Rose artfully blends theology, philosophy, and medieval mystery. When I read it over Christmas break a couple years ago, I loved it.

So I think it's entirely understandable why I was drawn in to this little Quizilla scheme. I also think that long-time readers of this blog will be very startled to learn what book 'I am.'

So much for massive doses of self-revelation.

::

Lord of the rings

J.R.R. Tolkien:
Lord of the Rings.

You are
entertaining and imaginative, creating whole new worlds around yourself. Well loved, you have a whole league of imitators, none of which is quite as profound as you are. Stories and songs give a spark of joy in the middle of your eternal battle with the forces of evil.

Which literature classic are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

::

As a matter of course, I discount the above description, which is as flattering as it is exaggerated...

Filed in:



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

2 comments:

Carmen said...

I took it too!

What a fun quiz! Thanks for sharing.

Will Robison said...

That's just the Ring talking... I see you as creating worlds around you ;) Of course, I can also see you hiding in a cave with a KU National Championship ring repeating over and over again, "My own. My precious." ;)

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife