Unseen ~ BitterSweetLife

Monday, November 29, 2004

Unseen



A path over a hillside,
a bridge over a stream,
I’m dreaming of freedom,
is it only a dream?

The world collects in puddles after rain;
maybe if I kneel and drink
nothing will remain the same.
I’ve heard you send us living water
and I’m thirsty for a change.

An upper window,
a hidden rhyme,
I’m searching for mystery,
is it all in my mind?

When a light came on
in my empty room
there was never much to see.


But You took my arm

in the growing gloom
and walked away with me.


Now I’m walking
through eternity, a world of light—
Enough to see.
Enough to fight.



Filed in:



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

5 comments:

tequilita said...

"enough to see; enough to fight"...potent. i like this. like an anthem you can repeat on your way to class, or work, or wherever. nice.

. : A : . said...

Lovely picture, and a poem to match!

aa said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love the pictures. Your photos have their own poetry, actually. The poem only enhances the beauty of it.

AJ said...

Thanks, guys. You're inspiring. Could this be a people's mandate for more poetry posting? ;)

. : A : . said...

Yes it is!

:-)

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife