(Bad) Dreams of the Future ~ BitterSweetLife

Thursday, November 04, 2004

(Bad) Dreams of the Future

A Satire

Well, the great descent into mediocrity has begun. Chameleon-like, BitterSweetLife is assuming some of the trappings of the age twenty-something blogosphere, and a few of you may be wondering just how far this will go.

Might this blog someday feature: Candid confessions of boredom and apathy? (“hi, i’m just posting to say that nothing interesting happened today. again.”) Grammar-defying flirtation? (“sew r al boiys lyk yu? hee hee, cn u b syrius?”) Pathetically wishful thinking? (“Today I ran into Jen again in the cafĂ©. Every time I see her, I start sweating and I say the stupidest stuff. I’m not sure she knows my name, but I wonder if she’d go out with me if I asked her?) Stodgy revelations? (“Today I typed in keyword “etymology” on Ebay, and was quite impressed by the results.”) Wanna-be profundity? (“Sometimes I wake up in the morning and I think...‘Why bother?’ But we all have days when our inner child feels a little blue.”)

What apparitions might greet you when you pull down your Favorites menu and hit up BitterSweetLife (multiple times a day)?

Randomly proliferating links?
::
Hey, for no particular reason, check out this great political article by a weeping liberal: Night Falls

Trivial Filler With Subtle Implications?
::
Now playing: “We Are the Champions,” Queen

Amusingly useless profiles?
::


Second-hand smack?
::
Click here for the latest Jim Rome syndication!

Pictures of questionable relevance?
::


"Here’s my second cousin on my dad’s side in Starbuck’s last year." (Not really. -Ed.)

Irrational demands and pleas?
::
Hey, please click on all my ads, blogroll me and give my site a high rating, would you?

I’m starting to get a little bit scared myself. But somewhere, in my heart of hearts, I know that BitterSweetLife is, and will remain, indubitably, itself.
;)

Filed in:



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

0 comments:

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife