Bittersweet Wife? ~ BitterSweetLife

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Bittersweet Wife?




Lindsay Speaks Up

This is Lindsay’s first page appearance, but this poem she wrote some time ago clearly justifies space in the chronicles of BitterSweetness. Christ has taught us both a lot about joy and trial in the context of our marriage...and Lindsay’s still giving me hints on how to tip the scales in the favor of sweetness. (Thanks, Babe!)


Christ-Home

Oh God, this life is hard,
I cannot grin and bear the pain.
But in the bitter is where I find the sweet.
In the loss, I discover gain.

‘Cause I cannot find love
in the dust of this earth,
I cannot squeeze blood
from a stone.

But in Christ I’ve found
my true husband,
I’m flesh of His flesh
and bone of His bone.

As I walk thru the land of my fallen expectations
with its scattered, earth-shaken dreams,
I find that my loves were all graven imitations
of the One who can set my heart free.




Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. This is profound.

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife