KU Holds On & I Survive ~ BitterSweetLife

Thursday, March 22, 2007

KU Holds On & I Survive


The Jayhawks almost just killed me. SIU's dogged defense hit them like a wrecking ball and it took them about 35 minutes to figure out how to counteract it: Drive into the paint and hit the defense in the teeth. Mario Chalmers acted as life support for the disoriented KU offense in the last few minutes as I experienced all the symptoms of March Madness.

Thready pulse, racing heart, sweaty palms. I almost died.

At first, I felt slightly embarrassed since I called for an 18 point win. On second thought, I'm just happy to be (vicariously) alive.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't get to watch the game, I was at Lifegroup (as Nehemiah once cried: Lord, don't forget me and what I have done!). But the score caught me off guard. I knew that SIU is a good defensive team, but that score was uncomfortably close. I'm glad KU is still alive too.

Will Robison said...

Nobody walks away with an easy victory in the Sweet 16. Nobody. But, if ever there was going to be a team that killed another in the Sweet 16, KU was that team. So, don't be too hard on yourself. After all, you'll need the strength for when KU barely pulls out the 1 point last second defeat of UCLA on Saturday.

(Sorry Randall, Rule #6 beats Rule #1 in my book any time... ;)

Anonymous said...

Been out all day.

Herewith is the problem with the so-called "mid-majors." Nobody watches them all year. In St. Louis, we've been getting a good dose of SIU all year. If I were a KU fan, I'd be worried after watching that effort.

And yes, I watched the game and pictured your face the whole time.

Heh, heh.

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife