BitterSweetLife Likes to Think ~ BitterSweetLife

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

BitterSweetLife Likes to Think

This blog is a Thinking Blog, or so I have been told. Personally, as I look at this blog, it strikes me as a coffee-swilling hoopster blog with intellectual tendencies perhaps marred by a love for smack talk. But may I never be accused of putting anyone, let along my own offspring blog, in a box. If Jay and John both think that BitterSweetLife is a Thinking Blog, I will definitely go along. Moreover, I will play the game and point you onward to FIVE MORE Thinking Blogs.

1. The Preacher: theologically-inclined genius writes poems, literary sketches and cultural commentary. And he's funny!
2. Internet Monk: often inflammatory, sometimes cynical, always thoughtful.
3. Luther at the Movies: ridiculously brilliant, over-the-top film bluster.
4. Six O'Clock Vintage: artistically-inclined young braniac with a passion for cultural justice.
5. Chronicles of Vash: vivid saga of a smart South African journalist (although they really are "chronicles" in the sense that posts are kind of bimonthly "events" not unlike a new episode of Lost...)

I could, of course, go on listing Thinking Blogs because virtually all the blogs I read are Thinking Blogs (and I won't release the names of the stupid ones). So know that if you weren't mentioned, it's not necessarily from lack of merit. Think on.

Note: This whole thing started here. If the Thinking Blogs I tagged want to play along, they can 1) use the little graphic above, 2) link the site of origin, 3) link here, 4) and name 5 more Thinking Blogs. Enjoy all this cogitation.



Like what you read? Don't forget to bookmark this post or subscribe to the feed.

3 comments:

Tim said...

Thanks for the link, I actually think this meme might be a good idea, because I am always on the lookout for solid, thought provoking blogs. Of course, each person has his or her own idea of what qualifies as "solid" and "though provoking" so I may not find much I'm interested in, but I AM hopeful. :)

Steve said...

Rene Descartes walks into a bar and says, "I think I'll have a beer."

The bartender looks at him as says, "I think not," and promptly disappears.

gymbrall said...

Ariel,
What did your therapist tell you about writing blog posts while drunk?

Seriously though I'm flattered. And I'm working on my list...

Have a good evening,
Charles

 

Culture. Photos. Life's nagging questions. - BitterSweetLife